It’s a good time to enter the long black branches of other lives.
We’ve had so much fun this semester collaborating with the likes of artist/curator Louise Freshman Brown, arts champion Jen Jones Murray, assemblages artist Crystal Floyd, brilliant artist Laurie Hitzig, and more than 40 artists featured in our Spring Art Exhibition, BRANCHES, opening this weekend. Join us!
Here’s the schedule:
- Open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, 1-4 p.m. on Sunday
- Must register to attend for a time slot!
- Meet curator Louise Freshman Brown from 1-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Meet featured writer Tricia Booker reading 2-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (more tickets available!)
- Check out Crystal Floyd’s tiny surprise on both days
- Marsha Glazière Studio Tour 2-4 p.m. on Saturday
- Lola Hunter Outdoor Sculpture 2-4 p.m. on Saturday
- Yellow House Community Tree 11-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (stop by anytime)
- Native Plant Park at Avondale and Park Street (stop by anytime)
The salon-style Community Gallery in the She Shed will be open for free outdoor viewing; a self-guided indoor tour (with ticket) will highlight our featured artists. Indoor tours limited to 3 people at a time only.
We are almost sold out but there are still a few time slots open. Hope to see you! Register now for the exhibit (limited tickets).
Thanks again to Louise and Laurie for designing both the show and the installation, and to Jen Jones Murray of JJM Creative for beautifully installing it. Signage provided by Atlantic Imaging.